Although the shiurim on this site are freely available for download, they are subject to copyright. Please read the legal notice below carefully before downloading any shiurim.
Boring legal notice
- All recordings, whether audio or video are copyright Torah Way and may not be copied or used for commercial use without explicit prior written consent from the copyright owner. They may be copied and used for personal use only, as long as they are not modified in any way.
- The banner and posters images are copyright Kwirkee and may not be copied without explicit prior written consent from the copyright owner.
- The web site design and coding is copyright Pixata Ltd and may not be copied without explicit prior written consent from the copyright owner.
- None of the material on this site may be redistributed in any way without explicit permission from the copyright owner.
But you wouldn't do any of that anyway, would you?
1 Who are we?
Manchester Torah Way is a not-for-profit organisation, set up to disseminate the Torah shiurim given as part of the Start Your Day The Torah Way (hereafter refered to as SYDTTW) programmes.
Our address for all correspondence is:
SI/MD TO FILL IN
2 What do we do?
SYDTTW organises and distributes shiurim. These include, but are not limited to:
- The daily morning SYDTTW shiur
- The evening End Your Day The Torah Way shiurim in Halocho, given from Sunday to Wednesday
- SI/MD - ANY OTHERS?
- Web site visitors. People who browser our web site to search the shiurim available.
- Users of our contact form. People who have a question about, or comment on the SYDTTW web site.
- Mailing list subscribers. People who wish to be notified of upcoming shiurim and (very occasionally) news about the SYDTTW web site.
4 What personal data do we hold and how is it used?
- Users of our contact form. When you submit an enquiry using one of our online forms, we will collect your name and email address. These details are used to help us reply to your enquiry. We do not store your name or email address once we have responded to your enquiry.
- Mailing list subscribers. We collect your email address and (optionally) name. This information is stored securely by our mailing list manager MailChimp (RC TO CONFIRM AND REWORD IF NECESSARY).
We will not under any circumstances share your personal data with third parties, except if required by court order.
5 Lawful basis for processing personal data
Under the direction of the General Data Protection Regulations we have selected the following lawful bases for the processing of personal data:
- Web site visitors. Not applicable as we do not collect any personal data.
- Users of our contact form. Your data is only used to respond to your enquiry.
- Mailing list subscribers. We will process your data on a consent basis. When you have subscribed to our mailing list, consent is reasonably assumed as being granted, as it will be necessary to send you the notifications. You may opt-out at any stage, but this means you will no longer be notified of shiurim or changes to SYDTTW.
6 Your Rights
We fully respect your rights under the relevant data protection regulations. These include: the right to be informed, the right of access, the right to rectification, the right to erase, the right to restrict processing, the right to data portability, the right to object, rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Full details of these rights can be view on the website of the Information Commissioner.
If you would like to complain about the way in which we use or process your data, please use our online enquiry form.
7 Our technical structure & data security
Personal data is stored in a secure electronic environment comprising of password protected Windows servers and Microsoft
SQL Server databases. External access to our electronic systems is not permitted and they are protected by firewalls.
Antivirus software is installed on all platforms.
Data is backed-up daily and archived within the secure environment.
Physical access to our systems is via locked doors. Any physical records are held in locked filing cabinets behind locked main doors. Access to these systems is limited to only those persons necessary to manage the technical/database architecture.
8 Data Controller
Samuel Issler, Administrator - SI WHAT PHONE NUMBER DO WE ADD HERE?